LifeSense believes that by improving healthcare and utility services through Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and more importantly through use of cellular technology, Mobile Healthcare represents a viable method to deliver and manage healthcare services in underserviced and unreachable rural areas and is thus a method for making healthcare more accessible, affordable and effective across the developing world
LifeSense has already developed, implemented, and refined a robust and secure data collection platform currently used in Southern Africa however has realized that as a starting point to meet the basic needs of rural clinics operating within emerging markets, a basic E.H.R based data gathering platform is required that can be scaled up to connect to any mobile- device-application or system at the point of care. Sending and receiving of information to a central point is not a new concept. What differs is the manner in which it is done and the levels of accuracy that exist that will ensure it success.
Implementing a mobile basic electronic health record data collection platform throughout a healthcare network within an emerging market would yield (but not limited to) the following advantages:
- Reducing the dependence on paper based clinic management documents and thus manual data reporting
- Development of more accurate historical patient centric data
- Enable more professional internal M&E and management of operations and the proper distribution and management of pharmaceutical grade products
- Allows for the migration to a real-time globally distributed output-based results management available via the internet to donors, investors and more importantly, the local health authorities.
- Provides accurate surveillance based medical information and epidemiological data to the Health Department
- Allow for the Healthcare Network Model to operate within both the public and private healthcare domains efficiently
- Lay the groundwork to implement other innovations to the Healthcare network including a prepaid health scheme
- Allow for and Healthcare to easily integrate on a data level with the various health ministry’s, donor funders and investors in order to accurately disseminate relevant real time information
This document briefly summarises the high level architecture of the LifeQube system and how the system can benefit the rural clinics within emerging markets and how the LifeQube GENERIC/ CORE Capabilities can be utilised to extend the E.H.R from a rural clinic to a hospital information system, primary through the use of (but not limited to) cellular technology